Highlights & Accomplishments
- Introduced fast track surgery program in Pune with internationally acceptable results.
- Pioneered bloodless cardiac surgery with minimum usage of blood products.
- Promotes low-cost cardiac surgery center in pune.
- Established cardiac surgery and cardiothoracic surgery programs in hospitals in Pune including entire setup and equipment arrangement.
Current Professional Assignments
Poona Hospital & Research Center, Pune, India, Jan 2007 to Present Head- Cardiothoracic Surgery
Consultant- Cardiothoracic Surgery in…
- Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune, India
- NM Wadia Institute of Cardiology, Jehangir Hospital Campus, Pune, India
- Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune, Pune, India
- Jehangir Hospital, Pune, India
- Inamdar Multispecialty Hospital, Pune, India
Scope of Work:
- Conduct Cardiac Surgeries and provide surgical back up for cardiology interventions as per international standards.
- Oversee general administration, assess results and financial packages and suggest measures and methods for improvement of facilities and technological advancement.
- Educate medical and nursing staff as well as organize CME programs for education.
Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA,2001 Resident- Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery
Boston Medical Center, Boston, USA, Aug 1998-Dec 2001Resident/ Fellow- Cardiothoracic Surgery
The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, Feb 1996-Aug 1998 Fellow/ Senior Registrar- Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit
Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune, India,1993-1995Senior Registrar
BJ Medical College & Sassoon General Hospitals, Pune, India,1990-1991 Lecturer- General Surgery (MPSC Selected)
Sassoon General Hospitals, Pune, India,1986-1989 Resident- General Surgery
Publications (Author/ Co-author)
- Off-pump versus on-pump Re-operative CABG via a left thoracotomy for circumflex coronary artery revascularization (2004)
- Clinical outcomes of on-pump coronary bypass using heparin-bonded circuits and reduced anti-coagulation compare favorably with off-pump approach (2002)
- A clinical profile of 100 cases of adolescents and adults with Tetralogy of Fallot (1994)
- Postgraduate Dissertation for M Ch: Results of surgery for Tetralogy of Fallot in adolescents and adults (1993)
- Case Report: Congenital Intra-pericardial Aneurysm of the left Atrial Appendage (1992)
- Giant Cystic Meconium Peritonitis (1991)
- Postgraduate Dissertation for MS: Mechanical & Hepatorenal changes before and after Sapheno-peritoneal Shunt for Cirrhotic Ascites (1989)
MD- Cardiothoracic Surgery from Boston Medical Center & University (2001)
DNB- Cardiothoracic Surgery from Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai (1993)
M Ch- Cardiothoracic Surgery from Seth GS Medical College & KEM Hospital, Mumbai (1993)
MS- General Surgery from BJ Medical College, Pune (1989)
MBBS from BJ Medical College, Pune (1985)
- Association of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons of India (1993)
- Cardiological Society of India (1993)
- GS Medical College Alumni Association (1993)
- Research Society of BJ Medical College, Pune (1993)
- Association of Surgeons of India (1988)
Date of Birth: 19th August 1963
Languages Known: English, Hindi, Marathi & Tamil
References available upon request